Last Updated: 15 January 2021.
We at Market Ardent respect the privacy of your personal information, and as such make every effort to ensure your information is protected and remains private. This Statement of Privacy applies to the marketardent.com Web site and any Market Ardent mobile application we might have in the future as regards to data collection and usage.
We will not rent, sell, lease or barter your personal information, data, or email address to anyone unless you grant us explicit permission for that.
Collection of Personal Information
Market Ardent collects information personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. when you use our website (“Website” or “Site”), any mobile application (“App”) which we may make available to you now, or in the future that allows you to access our services, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. Market Ardent also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a purchase, you are consenting to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to decline. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, and for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Provided By You
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you request information, create or modify your personal account, request Services, complete a Market Ardent form or enrolment process, contact customer support, make a purchase or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include, without limitation: name, date of birth, e-mail address, physical address, business address, phone number, or other personal information you choose to provide.
Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Services
The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you register for an account with our Service;
- When you order services, products, courses from, or through our Service;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or Website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our courses, products or Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in online surveys;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- When you participate in forums, reviews or provide user-generated content or other submissions.
- We also automatically collect information via the Website or App through the use of various technologies, including, but not limited to cookies and pixel tags (explained below).
We may collect your IP address, browsing behavior and device IDs. This information is used by us in order to enable us to better understand how our Services are being used by visitors and allows us to administer and customize the Services to improve your overall experience.
Log Files, Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We collect information about how you interact with our Services, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
Technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, touch heatmaps, user recordings, crash videos, scripts, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers are used by us and our partners, affiliates, advertisers, analytics teams, or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking user’s movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on marketardent.com. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt-out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
How We Protect Your Data
We protect your information using commercially reasonable technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. Although we take measures to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, or searches, or other information will always remain secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our information storage, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet including, without limitation, email and text transmissions. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
We accept payments through Paystack and 2checkout. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Paystack and 2checkout, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
The Legal Basis For Collection and Processing Your Personal Information
The legal basis upon which we rely for the collection and processing your Personal Information under the GDPR are the following:
How We Use Your Data
Our primary purpose in collecting, holding, using and disclosing your Information is for our legitimate business purposes and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We will not rent, sell, lease or barter your information to anyone unless you grant us explicit permission. We will use this information in order to:
- Provide users with our Services and customer support including, but not limited to, confirming emails related to our services, reminders, confirmations, requests for information and transactions.
- Contact you and provide you with information.
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations.
- Resolve problems and disputes, and engage in other legal and security matters.
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
Additionally, we may use the information we collect about you to:
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about courses, products, services, promotions, news, and events of Market Ardent and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws.
- Display advertising, including advertising that is targeted to you or other users based on your location, interests, as well as your Market Ardent activities.
- Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity including, without limitation, infringement of intellectual property rights of third parties.
How We Share Information We Collect
- With third party Service Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as your reviews, comments or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With payment processors listed under the Payments section above;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Market Ardent or others;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights.
Promotional Information Opt-Out
You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your Access and Rights To Personal Information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debit on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms of Service, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on marketardent.com or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our Information Retention Policy
Unless you request that we delete certain information, we retain the information we collect for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, we will retain information for at least 3 years and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
Sharing Of Blog Posts
Facebook Share official buttons
Twitter Tweet official button
LinkedIn Share official button
Pinterest Save official button
Reddit Badge official button